Death Carnival: Arcade Shooter Gets a New Trailer
When was the last time you settled in for an arcade-style shooter? 10 years? 1 year? Last week? Regardless of when you last hopped into the frantic and merciless world of arcade shooting, Death Carnival thinks it has something for you. They’ve even said that their game is what you’ve been waiting for. I myself don’t often play arcade shooters. I may be the example above of the person who hasn’t played an arcade shooter in 10 years or more. Death Carnival is courting me, along with fans of the genre, with a new trailer and some slick gameplay.
Death Carnival is a lot of things. To look at the feature list, you’d almost forget that this is a small development team.
- Multiple exciting PvP game modes
- Easy arcade-style controls with fast-paced combat
- 10+ characters and classes to choose from
- Weapon Socket System to customize weapons with collected loot
- Story campaign solo or 4 players couch/online co-op
- Spanning multiple worlds and arenas
- Giant boss fights and plenty of endgame replay
- Cross-platform, cross-progression, will be available on most platforms
The trailer shows some Death Carnival gameplay that is almost too fast to keep up with. Characters fly through the air, letting loose with all sorts of insanely large and insanely powerful weapons. The aesthetic immediately reminds me of Borderlands for some reason. I am intrigued by the cross platform nature of Death Carnival. Currently, the developer, Furyion Games, has announced a release for the PC, console, Stadia, and mobile. Furyion Games seems to be a newcomer to the indie games-sphere. A developer out of Canada with a commitment towards their wild and wacky arcade shooter. You can check out the trailer below, and wishlist Death Carnival here.