New Borderlands 3 DLC Guns, Love, and Tentacles Features Most Explosive Wedding In All The Galaxy
Exciting news for fans of the iconic shooter-looter Borderlands 3. In the first of many (many, many, many) stories from PAX East 2020, Gearbox dropped a new trailer for their second story DLC. Releasing on March 24th, Guns, Love, and Tentacles tells the touching tale of a wedding between Sir Alistair Hammerlock and Wainright Jakobs. In Borderlands fashion, the couple has made the decision to celebrate their nuptials by hunting a giant frozen monster on the planet Xylourgos. Unfortunately, an occult cult that worships the chilled ancient evil are hellbent on stopping the soon-to-be newlyweds.
Here’s a list of what to expect from this holiest of unions:
- Reunite with old friends and team up with some eerie new characters to help true love triumph over eldritch horror
- Brave the bone-chilling wastes of Xylourgos, an all-new ice planet unlike anywhere you’ve visited in the Borderlands before
- Confront bloodthirsty enemies and formidable bosses including alien beasts, hideously mutated occultists, and a clan of cold-blooded bandits
- Delve into the disturbing and occasionally daft backstories of cursed townfolk in a host of spine-tingling side missions
- Arm your Vault Hunter with some of the deadliest gear in the galaxy, including a trove of additional Legendaries and some supremely powerful Class Mods
- Flaunt your sense of style with a slew of new cosmetic items, from Vault Hunter Heads & Skins to interactive Room Decorations and all-new Vehicle Skins
If the eternal happiness of these two lovely characters wasn’t enough for you, Gearbox had some more information about what’s to come for Borderlands 3. Here’s more from the Official Press Release:
In addition to announcing the game’s second expansion, Gearbox and 2K also shared a sneak peek of Borderlands 3’s third campaign add-on, which will arrive this Summer. To see the concept art shared during today’s panel, just click right here. In case that’s not enough of a hint, we’ve got two words for you: outlaws and dinosaurs (OK, three words if you count “and”). We’re excited to tell you more about Borderlands 3‘s third and fourth campaign add-ons at a later date.
Gearbox and 2K also unveiled a content roadmap outlining the events and updates coming to Borderlands 3 this spring, all of which will be free to all players. First up in April are Mayhem Mode 2.0 and the Revenge of the Cartels seasonal event. Mayhem Mode 2.0 will overhaul Borderlands 3’s end-game by reinventing the ways in which Mayhem modifiers work. Revenge of the Cartels will see you tracking down and taking out cartel operatives to earn event-specific rewards.
Then in May, the second Takedown arrives! Much like Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite – which released last November – the Guardian Takedown will offer some of the most challenging content in the game. This intense standalone mission will be themed after the mysterious Eridians and will feature not only new bosses but new gear and cosmetics as well. The difficulty will scale to the size of the player party by default. However, if you want to experience the Takedown in its true form, you can select “True Takedown Mode,” which tunes the difficulty for a party of four fully leveled-up Vault Hunters regardless of party size.