Heavy Metal Shooter VALFARIS Gets Release Date Trailer
Every once in awhile, a game comes along that feels like it was made just for me. When I first saw Valfaris at this year’s E3, I was struck with a joyous warmth that only gallons of blood, thousands of bullets, and heavy metal guitar can bring me. Put it all together with a pixel-punk vibe and Contra levels of carnage, and I’m sold. So when I saw that Valfaris was finally getting a release date with a new trailer to boot, I couldn’t help but throw the horns and smile.
Now I don’t normally copy/paste press releases, but I felt that with Valfaris they did a pretty good job of hitting the key points. Here are the features they want to make sure all the press know are in the game:
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell
So yeah, love violence? Love metal? Love retro-graphics with old-school difficulty? Then check out Valfaris. It’s coming October 10th to PC/Switch, November 5th to PS4, and November 8th to Xbox One.